Eddy Current Crack Testing Systems - Ball Studs, Needles, Cylinder Liners
Test rate: 4,800 Parts per Hour (Twin System)
- Crack testing system shown at left
- Illustrated part shows EDM master crack
- Tests 36,000 needles per hour
Speed of rotating head
- Crack Testing system shown at left
- I.D. bore surface area and O. D. surface area are scanned completely for cracks & pores
- Close up shows two probes scanning entire outer diameter of liner tested for cracks and pores
on the Whole Inner and Outer Diameters
: 9 sec/part
: 400 parts/hour
: longitudinal and transversal
The eddy current test instrument for crack detection with three crack test channels and oscilloscope.
Cylinder liners tested are for trucks and construction machinery.
The system is designed for three different part types with part ranges:
Approximately 200 to 350mm
Approximately 120 to 130 mm
107 parts per hour
33.5 seconds per part
Crack and pore detection on the inner diameter and flange end faces.
Test for correct case depth at up to 16 locations.
An I.D. coil tests pre-selected locations on the inner diameter for correct case depth.
The cylinder liner is rotated and the I.D. bore surface area plus the flange face are scanned for surface open cracks and pores.